We have been traveling and waiting for answers from our doctor so there wasn’t much to update.
What have we been doing since our last blog post? First, we’ll start with the traveling…we went to visit with Jack’s parents for the 4th of July then I headed to NYC for a girls weekend with some high school friends. We were just in SC for my family gathering. It was a very nice time with family.
And…..all of you should know by now…..WE ARE MOVING AGAIN! Jack has accepted a new job and starts on late August. We will have our house packed move by Labor Day weekend! It’s a great opportunity for Jack’s career. I’m able to work remote for my job which is great. We are downsizing again and have sold a lot of our big items!
I finally had a meeting with our doctor and had a check up from my surgery to make sure things healed correctly. Things did not look good, I still have blockage on my right tube and both doctors don’t think I would not be able to carry a baby to full term and recommend a gestational surrogate with our last embryo. We will are going to look into this as we hope we can find a carrier and it won’t cost an arm and a leg since we have our own embryo and the doctor said it would be a 70% chance of success. Putting it out there in the universe if you know someone that has been one or interested, we’d love to talk to them. The key is that they have had a child. We are learning about this so we don’t know a lot at this point. With the traveling and moving we haven’t been able to focus on it. So this is where we are at and now it’s another path we will look into and hope this last embryo becomes real (finally).
UPDATE 8/16: I spoke to the doctor; we will have a look under the hood again so he can really take a look as the x-ray is not that clear. The area that he removed the scarring appeared to not heal appropriately but maybe I needed more time? He says that it’s worth a look so that we are 100% confident that surrogacy is the way to go. He will also provide me with the top 3 surrogacy agencies and said it’s worth it to start the process as there’s no payment until we decide to pick someone and move forward and it’s good to get that started as soon as possible as it can take some time. I’ll schedule an appointment once we are settled..
Thank you all again for your support and prayers/thoughts.