Hello! It’s been a long time coming and we are ready to be “public” with what’s going on in our lives. It’s not the easiest thing to talk about without tearing up and feeling like failures. We want to remain “anonymous” so we are using pseudonyms, Janet and Jack. We are hopeful “Chrissy” will come knock on our door soon! 🙂
We hope our story helps others and we wanted to keep those close to us in the loop.
The story behind the “I am Very Fearless”, we thought of many ways to spell out IVF and wanted it to be meaningful. We are hopeful we can make some sort of difference and share the knowledge we have learned along the way to help others in our same situation. We also want to bring awareness to infertility; it is not necessarily a negative, not to self blame, and provide guidance on how to support their loved ones going through this hard journey.
We have been trying to have a family since we married in October 2012. We have had 3 miscarriages and are on our last embryo. Along the way there have been cysts, 3 hysteroscopy procedures, many delays, canceled transfers, moves from 3 different states, and lining issues.
- Met in November 2009
- Engaged in April 2012
- Married October 2012
- Our family Journey
- Miscarriage #1 – June 2014
- Miscarriage #2 – January 2015
- #1 May 2015 – failed
- #2 July 2015 – failed
- IVF – Egg Retrievals
- #1 Nov 2015 – 0 fertilized (8 eggs retrieved)
- #2 February 2016 – 11 eggs retrieved, 3 viable; sent for testing = 1 genetically tested embryo – frozen
- #3 April 2016 – 8 eggs retrieved, 3 viable; sent for testing = 2 genetically tested embryos – frozen
- Total 3 normal embryos!
- February 2015 – removed dermoid cyst and scarring
- February 2016 – removed polyp
- July 2017 – removed scarring
- Miscarriage #3 – December 2016
- IVF – Transfers
- June 2016 – #1 embryo Failed – Boy
- November 2016 – #2 embryo Miscarriage – Boy
- February 2017 – cancelled transfer; found scarring in uterus and 2 procedures completed
- February 2018 – cancelled transfer
- March/April 2018 – #3 embryo – TBD!
We thank you in advance for reading our stories and we aspire to help others.
Please subscribe to receive our updates and follow us on Instagram for quick updates @i_am_very_fearless.
Janet and Jack